Alarming StatsSeeking to Ensure that Every Pastor Thrives in Ministry and Life.
*Alarming Statistics about Pastoral Ministry
- 30% have had an extramarital affair
- 50% have wives that feel entering ministry was destructive to their marriage
- 50% have marriages that end in divorce
- 57% would leave the ministry if they could
- 70% are burned out and continually think of leaving the ministry
- 70% do not have close friends
- 71% battle depression
- 75% feel their seminary training did not help them lead or counsel in the church
- 80% of seminary graduates will leave the ministry within five years
- 90% feel unqualified or poorly prepared for the ministry
- 94% have families that feel the pressure of ministry
- 100% have at least one friend who has left the ministry due to burnout, church conflict or moral failure
*Sources: Focus on the Family, Fuller Seminary, Barna Group, Scheaffer Institute, Pastorburnout.com
Note: Statistics are from specific research samples and may not always reflect the national average in all cases.
Join the Network Now
Join the (Re)Inspire Network today.